ENROLLMENT OPEN TODAY, FOR JUST 72 HOURS!
This is your last chance to purchase the course for this school year! Enrollment closes on Monday January 30, 2017
About the program
In less than 10 minutes a day any Pre-K to 8th grade teacher can transform their chaotic classroom into a calm, ready-to-learn classroom with our simple, brain-based mindfulness activities.
You may already be familiar with “Generation Stress”
Today’s students are being diagnosed with depression, anxiety, ADHD, eating disorders, cutting, addictions, and other stress-related self-destructive behaviors at epidemic rates.
Most students show up to school in a biological brain state that means it’s nearly impossible to pay attention effectively. With each ping of a text, each new level reached on Minecraft, each new standardized assessment test, and each sport or after-school activity that’s jam-packed into a student’s schedule, stress levels pay a hefty price.
Brain science has proven that when students are stressed, they are physically not able to learn.
Stress is highly contagious
As teachers, we are stressed out too. Our brains are biologically wired to pick up on the emotions of others, so stress levels in the classroom spread faster than the flu virus!
Add in our own feelings of being overwhelmed, while trying to achieve ever-increasing academic expectations, and it should come as no surprise that teacher turnover is also at an all time high.
Here’s the good news: Although we’re living in the epidemic of Generation Stress, positive emotions are just as infectious as negative emotions. And small changes make a BIG impact in inoculating schools in the stress epidemic.
Just imagine for a moment…
- Heading home each school day feeling relaxed, fulfilled and excited to work with even the most challenging of your students
- Feeling as passionate about teaching as you did when you were in graduate school
- How much easier your job would be if your students were in a ready-to-learn mindset no matter what’s going on in their lives outside the classroom
Introducing: Mindful Life™ Schools Weekly Wellness Program
Bite-sized mindfulness activities that build resilience to stress and create a calm yet alert state of mind for Pre-K through 8th grade teachers and their students.
The Mindful Life™ Schools Weekly Wellness program is designed to provide students and teachers with strategies for managing stress to increase happiness, decrease anxiety, and allow the “Smart Part” of the brain to get to work on:
- Problem solving
- Forward thinking
- Impulse control
- Decision making
- And more!
This program has helped more than I could have ever imagined.
Schools are stressful and as an instructional coach for teachers, I always had a Kleenex box and chocolate ready for the teachers who needed to see me. After they had been trained in the Mindful Life Schools methodology, it was amazing to see the difference. They could sit in my office and breathe, and turn their whole day around. I know it’s hard to think about giving up 5 minutes when you only have an hour to teach math, but I can assure you, you easily make that time up. This program has helped me and the teachers I coach more than I could have ever imagined.
We are getting terrific results...
I have to tell you that we are getting terrific results with the 3rd graders. The lessons the kids are learning are being transferred to other academic areas and parts of the students' lives. Now my 4th and 5th grade teachers want to be trained!
Studies show that mindfulness significantly increases the attention span, focus and empathy of students while decreasing test anxiety, ADHD behaviors and cruelty.
Our research shows the following remarkable results:
- 91% of Mindful Life™ trained teachers report significant improvement in their students’ listening skills
- 82% of Mindful Life™ trained teachers report significant improvement in their students’ attention span
Mindful Life™ teachers report over-and-over that when their students experience the benefits of mindfulness, their own stress levels are also significantly reduced!
Included in the program:
Each week for the entire school year, you will receive access to a new lesson that can easily be implemented into your existing curriculum in less than 10 minutes a day.
- A five-minute video demonstration of the lesson
- Specific scripts for (1) Early Childhood (PreK – 2nd), (2) Middle Childhood (3rd – 5th), and (3) Tweens (6th – 8th) to help you explain the brain technique to the students in your classroom
- Recommendations on how to spend less than 10 minutes a day to implement each mindfulness activity
- Personal wellness practices for you, our teachers
- Letters to send home to parents for integrating the mindfulness practices at home
- Access to Graduate Level Professional Development Credits
Mindful Life participants are learning how to:
- Boost attention and performance using mindfulness training exercises
- Understand why each mindfulness skill will enhance brain functioning
- Use mindfulness activities to help students and teachers manage difficult emotions
- Play games that will increase their students’ self-compassion, empathy and kindness
- Help students foster grit, resilience and, NEW FOR THE 2016/2017 school year, develop a growth mindset with simple mindfulness exercises
Created and Taught by Dr. Kristen Race
This dynamic online offering is created and presented by Mindful Life™ Schools’ founder and brain scientist, Kristen Race, PhD. Kristen has been featured on NPR, is a columnist for Psychology Today and Huffington Post.
She’s presented nationally at the National Association of School Psychologists Conference and at the International Scientific Conference for Clinicians, Researchers and Educators.
Kristen was the director of Counseling Services for Colorado Academy and began her educational career as a teacher at the prestigious Buckley School in New York.
As a PhD. child psychologist, she’s trained over 5000 teachers in the Mindful Life™ method and is the author of the acclaimed parenting book, Mindful Parenting.
I love her straightforward, clear and concise delivery...
I feel like I got to know Kristen through this online training and I love her straightforward, clear and concise delivery of the material. I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to glean from her knowledge, expertise and brilliant approach.
This online training will transform your classroom, your school, and your community:
- Students will learn simple brain research-based tools for paying attention, staying focused and retaining information
- Teachers will get tools for increasing their stress resiliency even in the face of the most challenging classroom behavior
- Parents will get easy explanations from the teachers about how to further enhance the mindfulness practice at home. They also have access to free family coaching through our parenting newsletter program
- Schools will get engaged learners who can easily access their critical-thinking minds despite what’s happening around them
- Communities will get empowered teachers, parents, and students who can rise to the challenge of educating our 21st century global learners with ease and flexibility
The Mindful Life™ brain-based mindfulness methods have been used by 5000 teachers, in schools across six continents and can easily be worked into your school’s culture.
ENROLLMENT OPEN TODAY, FOR JUST 72 HOURS!
This is your last chance to purchase the course for this school year!
Attention School Principals and Administrators:
Purchase this course for your entire faculty or district for the 2016/2017 school year!